124. Gwangwoo Kim and Hyeon Suk Shin*, “Spatially Controlled Lateral Heterostructures of Graphene and Transition Metal Dichalcogenides toward Atomically Thin and Multi-Functional Electronics”, Nanoscale 2020, xx, xx, xxxx
124. Seong In Yoon, Kyung Yeol Ma, Tae-Young Kim and Hyeon Suk Shin*, “Proton conductivity of a hexagonal boron nitride membrane and its energy applications”, J. Mater. Chem. A 2020, xx, xx, xxxx
123. Abdul Rahman Mohmad*, Azrul Azlan Hamzah, Jieun Yang, Yan Wang, Ibrahim Bozkurt, Hyeon Suk Shin, Hu Young Jeong, Manish Chhowalla*, “Synthesis of Metallic Mixed 3R and 2H Nb1+xS2 Nanoflakes by Chemical Vapor Deposition”, Faraday Discussions, 2020, xx, xx, xxxx
122. Juwon Lee, Sangyeon Pak, Young-Woo Lee, Youngsin Park, A-Rang Jang, John Hong, Yuljae Cho, Bo Hou, Sanghyo Lee, Hu Young Jeong, Hyeon Suk Shin, Stephen M Morris, SeungNam Cha*, Jung Inn Sohn* and Jong Min Kim “Direct Epitaxial Synthesis of Selective Two-Dimensional Lateral Heterostructures”, ACS Nano 2019, 13, 11, 13047-13055
121. Jieun Yang, Abdul Rahman Mohmad, Yan Wang, Raymond Fullon, Xiuju Song, Fang Zhao, Ibrahim Bozkurt, Mathias Augustin, Elton J. G. Santos*, Hyeon Suk Shin, Wenjing Zhang, Damien Voiry, Hu Young Jeong* and Manish Chhowalla* “Ultrahigh-current-density niobium disulfide catalysts for hydrogen evolution”, Nature materials, (2019) 1-6
120. Jitendra N Tiwari*, Ahmad M Harzandi, Miran Ha*, Siraj Sultan, Chang Woo Myung, Hyo Ju Park, Dong Yeon Kim, Pandiarajan Thangavel, Aditya Narayan Singh, Pankaj Sharma, Selvaraj Selva Chandrasekaran, Foad Salehnia, Ji‐Wook Jang, Hyeon Suk Shin, Zonghoon Lee and Kwang S. Kim* “High‐Performance Hydrogen Evolution by Ru Single Atoms and Nitrided‐Ru Nanoparticles Implanted on N‐Doped Graphitic Sheet”, Adv. Energy Mater. 2019, 9, 1900931.
119. Suok Lee, Sang Hee Jung, A-Rang Jang, Seong In Yoon, Hyeon Suk Shin, Hyun Uk Lee and JaeJong Lee* “Large area patterning of residue-free metal oxide nanostructures by liquid transfer imprint lithography”, Nanotechnology, 30 (2019) 235301.
118. Evgeny M. Alexeev, David A. Ruiz-Tijerina, Mark Danovich, Matthew J. Hamer, Daniel J. Terry, Pramoda K. Nayak, Seongjoon Ahn, Sangyeon Pak, Juwon Lee, Jung Inn Sohn, Maciej R. Molas, Maciej Koperski, Kenji Watanabe, Takashi Taniguchi, Kostya S. Novoselov, Roman V. Gorbachev, Hyeon Suk Shin, Vladimir I. Fal’ko* and Alexander I. Tartakovskii* “Resonantly hybridized excitons in moiré superlattices in van der Waals heterostructures”, Nature 567 81-86 (2019)
117. Imbok Lee, Dong Jae Bae, Won Ki Lee, Cheol Min Yang, Sung Won Cho, Jungtae Nam, Dong Yun Lee, A-Rang Jang, Hyeon Suk Shin, Jun Yeon Hwang*, Suklyun Hong* and Keun Soo Kim* “Rapid synthesis of graphene by chemical vapor deposition using liquefied petroleum gas as precursor”, Carbon 145 (2019) 462-469
116. Sangyeon Pak, A-Rang Jang, Juwon Lee, John Hong, Paul Giraud, Sanghyo Lee, Yuljae Cho, Geon-Hyoung An, Young-Woo Lee, Hyeon Suk Shin, Stephen M Morris, SeungNam Cha*, Jung Inn Sohn* and Jong Min Kim “Surface functionalization-induced photoresponse characteristics of monolayer MoS 2 for fast flexible photodetectors”, Nanoscale, (2019) 11, 4726-4734
115. Gwangwoo Kim, Sung-Soo Kim, Jonghyuk Jeon, Seong In Yoon, Seokmo Hong, Young Jin Cho, Abhishek Misra, Servet Ozdemir, Jun Yin, Davit Ghazaryan, Matthew Holwill,Artem Mishchenko, Daria Andreeva, Yongjin Kim, Hu Young Jeong, A-Rang Jang, Hyun-Jong Chung, Andre Geim, Kostya Novoselov*, Byeong-Hyeok Sohn*, and Hyeon Suk Shin* “Planar and van der Waals heterostructures for vertical tunnelling single electron transistors”, Nature Communications, (2019) 10: 230
This work was highlighted in Nature Nanotechnology.
114. Jae Hoon Yang, Hyoung Woo Yang, Byoung Ok Jun, Jeong Hee Shin, Seunguk Kim, A‐Rang Jang, Seong In Yoon, Hyeon Suk Shin, Deoksoo Park, Kyungho Park, Duhee Yoon, Jung Inn Sohn, SeungNam Cha, Dae Joon Kang and, Jae Eun Jang* “Improving Radio Frequency Transmission Properties of Graphene via Carrier Concentration Control toward High Frequency Transmission Line Applications”, Adv. Funct. Mater. 2019, 1808057
113. John Hong, Byung-Sung Kim, Seung-Mo Yang, A-Rang Jang, Young-Woo Lee, Sangyeon Pak, Sanghyo Lee, Yuljae Cho, Dongwoo Kang, Hyeon Suk Shin, Jin Pyo Hong, Stephen M Morris, SeungNam Cha*, Jung Inn Sohn* and Jong Min Kim “Chalcogenide Solution-Mediated Activation Protocol for Scalable and Ultrafast Synthesis of Single-Crystalline 1-D Copper Sulfide for Supercapacitor”, J. Mater. Chem. A, 2019, 7, 2529
112. Juchan Yang, Dongwoo Kang, Yuju Jeon, Jong Hoon Lee, Hu Young Jeong*, Hyeon Suk Shin* and Hyun-Kon Song* “Sphere-to-multipod Transmorphic Change of Nanoconfined Pt Electroctalyst during Oxygen Reduction Reaction”, Small 2019, 35, 1802228
111. Seong In Yoon, Dong-Jun Seo, Gwangwoo Kim, Minsu Kim, Chi-Young Jung, Young-Gi Yoon, Sang Hoon Joo, Tae-Young Kim*, and Hyeon Suk Shin* “AA′-Stacked Trilayer Hexagonal Boron Nitride Membrane for Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells”, ACS Nano 2018, 12, 11, 10764-10771
110. Jitendra N Tiwari, Siraj Sultan, Chang Woo Myung, Taeseung Yoon, Nannan Li, Miran Ha, Ahmad M Harzandi, Hyo Ju Park, Dong Yeon Kim, S Selva Chandrasekaran, Wang Geun Lee, Varun Vij, Hoju Kang, Tae Joo Shin, Hyeon Suk Shin, Geunsik Lee, Zonghoon Lee, and Kwang S Kim* “Multicomponent electrocatalyst with ultralow Pt loading and high hydrogen evolution activity”, Nature Energy, 3, 773–782 (2018)
109. Nam Khen Oh, Hoon Ju Lee, Keunsu Choi, Jihyung Seo, Ungsoo Kim, Junghyun Lee, Yunseong Choi, Seungon Jung, Jun Hee Lee, Hyeon Suk Shin*, Hyesung Park* “Nafion-Mediated Liquid-Phase Exfoliation of Transition Metal Dichalcogenides and Direct Application in Hydrogen Evolution Reaction”, Chem. Mater. 2018, 30, 14, 4658-4666
108. M. A. R. Anjum, H. Y. Jeong, M. H. Lee, H. S. Shin*, J. S. Lee* “Efficient Hydrogen Evolution Reaction Catalysis in Alkaline Media by All‐in‐One MoS2 with Multifunctional Active Sites”, Adv. Mater. 2018, 30, 1707105.
107. A.-R. Jang, Y.-W. Lee, S.-S. Lee, J. Hong, S.-H. Beak, S. Pak, J. Lee, H. S. Shin, D. Ahn, W.-K. Hong, S. Cha, J. I. Sohn*, I.-K. Park* “Electrochemical and electrocatalytic reaction characteristics of boron-incorporated graphene via a simple spin-on dopant process”, J. Mater. Chem. A, 2018,6, 7351-7356.
106. D. Voiry, H. S. Shin, K. P. Loh, M. Chhowalla “Low-dimensional catalysts for hydrogen evolution and CO2 reduction”, Nature Reviews Chemistry, 2, 0105(2018).
105. S. Pak, J. Lee, Y. -W. Lee, A. -R. Jang, S. Ahn, K. Y. Ma, Y. Cho, J. Hong, S. Lee, H. Y. Jeong, H. Im, H. S. Shin, S. M. Morris, S. N. Cha*, J. I. Sohn* and J. M .Kim “Strain-mediated interlayer coupling effects on the excitonic behaviors in an epitaxially grown MoS2/WS2 van der Waals heterobilayer”, Nano Lett., 2017, 17(9), 5634-5640.
104. E. M. Alexeev*, A. Catanzaro, O. V. Skrypka, P. K. Nayak, S. Ahn, S. Pak, J. Lee, J. I. Sohn, K. S. Novoselov, H. S. Shin and A. I. Tartakovskii* “Imaging of interlayer coupling in van der Waals heterostructures using a bright-field optical microscope”, Nano Lett., 2017, 17(9), 5342-5349.
103. K. Y. Ma, S. I. Yoon, A. -R. Jang, H. Y. Jeong, Y. J. Kim, P. K. Nayak and H. S. Shin* “Hydrogenation of monolayer molybdenum diselenide via hydrogen plasma treatment”, J. Mater. Chem. C, 2017, 2017, 5, 11294.
102. B. Park, K. Kim, J. Park, H. Lim, P. T. Lanh, A. -R. Jang, C. Hyun, C. W. Myung, S. Park, J. W. Kim, K. S. Kim, H. S. Shin, G. Lee, S. H. Kim*, C. E. Park* and J. K. Kim* “Anomalous ambipolar transport of organic semiconductin crystals via control of molecular packing structures”, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2017, 9 (33), 27839-27846.
101. J. Lee, S. Pak, P. Giraud, Y. -W. Lee, Y. Cho, J. Hong, A. -R. Jang, H. -S. Chung, W. -Ki. Hing, H. Y. Jeong, H. S. Shin, L. G. Occhipinti, S. M. Morris, S. N. Cha*, J. I. Sohn* and J. M. Kim “Thermodynamically stable synthesis of large-scale and highly crystalline transition metal dichalcogenide monolayers and their unipolar n-n heterojunction devices”, Adv. Mater., 2017, 1702206.
100. Y. -W. Lee, B. -S. Kim, J. Hong, H. Choi, H. -Sik. Jang, B. Hou, S. Pak, J. Lee, S. -H. Lee, Stephen. M. Morris, D. Whang, J. -P. Hong, H. S. Shin, S. N. Cha*, J. I. Sohn* and J. M. Kim “Hierarchically assembled tubular shell-core-shell heterostructure of hybrid transition metal chalcogenides for high-performance supercapacitors with ultrahigh cyclability”, Nano Energy, 2017, 37, 15-23.
99. J. Hong, Y. -W. Lee, D. Ahn, S. Pak, J. Lee, A. -R. Jang, S. Lee, B. Hou, Y. Cho, S. M. Morris, H. S. Shin*, S. N. Cha, J. I. Sohn* and J. M. Kim “Highly stable 3D porous heterostructures with hierarchically-coordinated octahedral transition metals for enhanced performance supercapacitors”, Nano Energy, 2017, 39, 337-345.
98. D. Fu, X. Zhao, Y. -Y. Zhang, L. Li, H. Xu, A. -R. Jang, S. I. Yoon, P. Song, S. M. Poh, T. Ren, Z. Ding, W. Fu, T. J. Shin, H. S. Shin, S. T. Pantelides, W. Zhou and K. P. Loh* “Molecular beam epitaxy of highly-crystalline monolayer molybdenum disulfide on hexagonal boron nitride”, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2017, 139, 9392-9400.
97. H. J. Lee, B. J. Lee, D. Kang, Y. J. Jang, J. S. Lee and H. S. Shin* “2D materials-based photoelectrochemical cells: Combination of transition metal dichalcogenides and reduced graphene oxide for efficient charge transfer”, FlatChem, 2017, 4, 2017, 54.
96. N. Y. Kim, H. Y. Jeong, J. H. Kim, G. Kim, H. S. Shin and Z. Lee* “Evidence of local commensurate state with lattice match of graphene on hexagonal boron nitride”, ACS Nano, 2017, 11, 7084-7090.
95. G. H. Ryu, J. Lee, D. Kang, H. J. Jo, H. S. Shin and Z. Lee* “Effects of dry oxidation treatments on monolayer graphene”, 2D Mater., 2017, 4, 024011.
94. J. Seo, J. Lee, A. -R. Jang, Y. Choi, U. Kim, H. S. Shin and H. Park* “Study of cooling rate on the growth of graphene via chemical vapor deposition”, Chem. Mater., 2017, 29, 4202-4208.
93. P. K. Nayak, Y. Horbatenko, S. Ahn, G. Kim, J. -U. Lee, K. Y. Ma, A. -R. Jang, H. Lim, D. Kim, S. Ryu, H. Cheong, N. Park and H. S. Shin* “Probing Evolution of Twist-Angle-Dependent Interlayer Excitons in MoSe2/WSe2 van der Waals Heterostructures”, ACS Nano, 2017, 11, 4041-4050.
92. J. Lee, S. Pak, Y. -W. Lee, Y. Cho, J. Hong, P. Giraud, H. S. Shin, S. M. Morris, J. I. Sohn, S. N. Cha and J. M. Kim* “Monolayer optical memory cells based on artificial trap-mediated charge storage and release”, Nature Commun., 2017, 11, 14734.
91. D. Kang, Y. -E. Shin, H. J. Jo, H. Ko and H. S. Shin* “Mechanical properties of poly(dopamine)-coated graphene oxide and poly(vinyl alcohol) composite fibers coated with reduced graphene oxide and their use for piezoresistive sensing”, Part. Part. Syst. Charact., 2017, 1600382.
Recognized as a top 20 most read paper in PPSC.
90. T. H. Lee, K. Kim, G. Kim, H. J. Park, D. Scullion, L. Shaw, M. G. Kim, X. Gu, W.-G. Bae, Elto J. G. Santos, Z. Lee, H. S. Shin, Y. Nishi, and Z. Bao* “Chemical Vapor Deposited Hexagonal Boron Nitride as a Scalable Template for High-Performance Organic Field-Effect Transistors”, Chem. Mater., 2017, 29, 2341-2347.
89. S. Lee, S. H. Jung, A. -R. Jang, J. S. Hwang, H. S. Shin, J. Lee and D. J. Kang* “Innovative scheme for sub-50 nm patterning via electrohydrodynamic lithography”, Nanoscale, 2017, Advance Article.
88. H. J. Jo, J. H. Lyu, R. S. Ruoff, H. Lim, S. I. Yoon, H. Y. Jeong, T. J. Shin, C. W. Bielawski and H. S. Shin* “Conversion of Langmuir-Blodgett Monolayers and Bilayers of Poly(amic acid) through Polyimide to Graphene”, 2D Mater., 2017, 4, 014005.
87. G. Kim, M. Kim, C. Hyun, S. Hong, K. Y. Ma, H. Lim* and H. S. Shin* “Hexagonal Boron Nitride/Au Substrate for Manipulating Surface Plasmon and Enhancing Capability of Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy”, ACS nano, 2016, 10, 11156-11162.
86. Y. J. Sa, D.-J. Seo, J. Woo, J. T. Lim, J. Y. Cheon, S. Y. Yang, J. M. Lee, D. Kang, T. J. Shin, H. S. Shin, H. Y. Jeong, C. S. Kim, M. G. Kim, T.-Y. Kim and S. H. Joo* “A General Approach to Preferential Formation of Active Fe–Nx Sites in Fe–N/C Electrocatalysts for Efficient Oxygen Reduction Reaction”, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2016, 138, 15046-15056.
85. K. Yu, J. Kim, C. Lee, A.-R. Jang, H. S. Shin, K. S Kim, Y.-J. Yu and E. J. Choi* “Infrared study of large scale h-BN film and graphene/h-BN heterostructure”, Appl. Phys. Lett., 2016, 108, 241910.
84. D. Voiry, J. Yang, J. Kupferberg, R. Fullon, C. Lee, H. Y. Jeong, H. S. Shin and M. Chhowalla* “High-quality graphene via microwave reduction of solution-exfoliated graphene oxide”, Science, 2016, 353, 1413-1416.
83. S.-H. Hwang, B.-J. Kim, J.-B. Baek, H. S. Shin, I.-J. Bae, S.-Y. Lee and Y.-B. Park* “Effects of process parameters and surface treatments of graphene nanoplatelets on the crystallinity and thermomechanical properties of polyamide 6 composite fibers”, Composites Part B, 2016, 100, 220-227.
82. S. Ahn, G. Kim, P. K. Nayak, S. I. Yoon, H. Lim, H.-J. Shin and H. S. Shin* “Prevention of Transition Metal Dichalcogenide Photodegradation by Encapsulation with h-BN Layers”, ACS nano, 2016, 10, 8973-8979.
81. J. Chen, W. Tang, B. Tian, B. Liu, X. Zhao, Y. Liu, T. Ren, W. Liu, D. Geng, H. Y. Jeong, H. S. Shin, W. Zhou and K. P. Loh* “Chemical Vapor Deposition of High-Quality Large-Sized MoS2 Crystals on Silicon Dioxide Substrates”, Adv. Sci., 2016, 3, 1600033.
80. A.-R. Jang, S. Hong, C. Hyun, S. I. Yoon, G. Kim, H. Y. Jeong, T. J. Shin, S. O. Park, K. Wong, S. K. Kwak, N. Park, K. Yu, E. Choi, A. Mishcenko, F. Withers, K. Novoselvov, H. Lim, and H. S. Shin* “Wafer-Scale and Wrinkle-free Epitaxial Growth of Single-Orientated Multi-layer Hexagonal Boron Nitride on Sapphire”, Nano Lett. 2016, 16, 3360−3366.
79. B. Wang, M. Huang, L. Tao, S. H. Lee, A.-R. Jang, B. –W. Li, H. S. Shin, D. Akinwande and R. S. Ruoff* “Support-Free Transfer of Ultra-Smooth Graphene Films Facilitated by Self-Assembled Monolayers for Electronic Devices and Patterns”, ACS nano, 2016, 10, 1404-1410.
78. S. Ahn, J. Yang, H. Lim and H. S. Shin*, “Selective Synthesis of Pure Cobalt Disulfide on Reduced Graphene Oxide Sheets and Its High Electrocatalytic Activity for Hydrogen Evolution Reaction”, Nano Convergence, 2016, 3, 5.
77. L. Niu, J. N. Coleman, H. Zhang, H. S. Shin, M. Chhowalla, and Z. Zheng* “Production of Two-Dimensional Nanomaterials via Liquid-Based Direct Exfoliation”, Small, 2015, 12, 272-293.
76. J. Chen, B. Liu, Y. Liu, W. Tang, C. T. Nai, L. Li, J. Zheng, L. Gao, Y. Zheng, H. S. Shin, H. Y. Jeong and K. P. Loh* “Chemical Vapor Deposition of Large-Sized Hexagonal WSe2 Crystals on Dielectric Substrates”, Adv. Mater., 2015, 27, 6722-6727.
75. M. Chhowalla, D. Voiry, J. Yang, H. S. Shin and K. P. Loh*, “Phase-engineered transition-metal dichalcogenides for energy and electronics”, MRS Bulletin, 2015, 40, 585-591.
74. Y. Shi, H. Zhang, W-H. Chang, H. Y. Jeong, H. S. Shin and L-J. Li*, “Synthesis and structure of two-dimensional transition-metal dichalcogenides”, MRS Bulletin, 2015, 40, 566-576.
73. G. Kim, H. Lim, K. Y. Ma, A. -R. Jang, G. H. Ryu, M. Jung, H. J. Shin, Z. Lee and H. S. Shin*, “Catalytic conversion of Hexagonal Boron Nitride to Graphene for In-plane Heterostructures”, Nano Lett., 2015, 15, 4769-4775.
72. S. Britto, M. Leskes, X. Hua, C. -A. Hebert, H. S. Shin, S. Clarke, O. Borkiewicz, K. W. Chapman, R. Seshadri, J. Cho and C. P. Grey*, “Multiple Redox Modes in the Reversible Lithiation of High-Capacity, Peierls-Distorted Vanadium Sulfide”, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2015, 137, 8499-8508.
71. G. H. Ryu, H. J. Park, J. Ryou, J. Park, J. Lee, G. Kim, H. S. Shin, C. W. Bielawski, R. S. Ruoff, S. Hong* and Z. Lee*, “Atomic-scale dynamics of triangular hole growth in monolayer hexagonal boron nitride under electron irradiation”, Nanoscale, 2015, 7, 10660-10605.
70. B. Seo, G. Y. Jung, Y. J. Sa, H. Y. Jeong, J. Y. Cheon, J. H. Lee, H. Y. Kim, J. C. Kim, H. S. Shin, S. K. Kwak and S. H. Joo*, “Monolayer-Precision Synthesis of Molybdenum Sulfide Nanoparticles and Their Nanoscale Size Effects in the Hydrogen Evolution Reaction”, ACS nano, 2015, 9, 3728-3739.
69. Q. Mahmood, M. G. Kim, S. Yun, S-M Bak, X-Q Yang, H. S. Shin, W. S. Kim, P. V. Braun and H. S. Park*, “Unveiling Surface Redox Charge Storage of Interacting Two-Dimensional Heteronanosheets in Hierarchical Architectures”, Nano Lett., 2015, 15, 2269–2277.
68. J. H. Yang, J. S. Hwang, H. W. Yang, A-R. Jang, H. S. Shin, J-E. Jang and D. J. Kang*, “Growth of ultra-uniform graphene using a Ni/W bilayer metal catalyst”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 2015, 106, 043110.
67. V. L. Nguyen, B. G. Shin, D. L. Duong, S. T. Kim, D. Perello, Y. J. Lim, Q. H. Yuan, F. Ding, H. Y. Jeong, H. S. Shin, S. M. Lee, S. H. Chae, Q. A. Vu, S. H. Lee, and Y. H. Lee*, “Seamless stitching of graphene domains on polished copper (111) foil”, Adv. Mater. 2015, 27, 1376-1382. (2014)
66. J. M. Yuk, H. Y. Jeong, N. Y. Kim, H. J. Park, G. Kim, H. S. Shin, R. S. Ruoff, J. Y. Lee*, Z. Lee*, “Superstructural defectsand superlattice domains in stacked graphene”, Carbon 2014, 80, 755-761.
65. M. Kim, S.-H. Hwang, B.-J. Kim, J.-B. Baek, H. S. Shin, H. W. Park*, Y.-B. Park*, I.-J. Bae, and S.-Y. Lee, “Modeling, processing, and characterization of exfoliated graphite nanoplatelet-nylon 6 composite fibers”, Composites: Part B 2014, 66, 511-517.
64. H. Lim, S. I. Yoon, G. Kim, A.-R. Jang, and H. S. Shin*, “Stacking of 2D Materials in Lateral and Vertical Directions”, Chem. Mater. 2014, 26, 4891–4903. (This is a Perspective by invitation to ‘Up and Coming!’ series in Chemistry of Materials. Chemistry of Materials recently launched a new series of invited perspectives and/or editorials by up and coming young stars who can discuss their area or research. Look at the advertisement by Chem. Mater.)
63. P. Mohan, J. Yang, A. Jena, and H. S. Shin*, “VS2/rGO Hybrid Nanosheets Prepared by Annealing of VS4/rGO”, Journal of Solid State Chemistry. 2015, 224, 82-87.
62. S.-H. Hwang†, D. Kang†, R. Ruoff, H. S. Shin*, and Y.-B. Park*, “Polyvinyl Alcohol Reinforced and Toughened with Poly(dopamine)-Treated Graphene Oxide, and Its Use for Humidity Sensing”, ACS Nano, 2014, 8, 6739–6747. (†These authors contributed equally.)
61. K. W. Lim, J.-I. Lee, J. Yang, Y.-K. Kim, H. Y. Jeong, S. Park*, and H. S. Shin*, “Catalyst-free synthesis of Si-SiOx nanowire anodes for high-rate and hig-capacity lithium-ion batteries”, ACS Appl. Mater. Inter. 2014, 6, 6340-6345.
60. X. Xu, S. Jeong, C. S. Rout, P. Oh, M. Ko, H. Kim, M. G. Kim, R. Cao, H. S. Shin*, and J. Cho*, “Lithium Reaction Mechanism and High Rate Capability of VS4-Graphene Nanocomposite for Lithium Battery Anode Material”, J. Mater. Chem. A 2014, 2, 10847-10853.
59. K. Krishnamoorthy, K. Jeyasubramanian, M. Premanathan, G. Subbiah, H. S. Shin, and S. J. Kim*, “Graphene Oxide Nanopaint”, Carbon 2014, 72, 328-337.
58. J. Yang and H. S. Shin*, “Recent Advances in Layered Transition Metal Dichalcogenides for Hydrogen Evolution Reaction”, J. Mater. Chem. A 2014, 2, 5979-5985. (This paper is published by invitation to Journal of Materials Chemistry A 2014 Emerging Investigators Themed Issue + Most accessed article 2014 in this journal)
57. J. Zheng, H. Zhang, S. H. Dong, Y. P. Liu, C. T. Nai, H. S. Shin, H. Y. Jeong, B. Liu, and K. P. Loh*, “High yield exfoliation of two dimensional chalcogenides using sodium naphthalenide”, Nat. Commun. 2014, 5, 2995.
56. X. Xu, C. Rout, J. Yang, R. Cao, P. Oh, H. S. Shin*, and J. Cho*, “Freeze-dried WS2 composites with low content of graphene as high-rate lihtium storage materials”, J. Mater. Chem. A. 2013, 1, 14548-14554.
55. J. Yang, D. Voiry, S. J. Ahn, D. Kang, A. Y. Kim, M. Chhowalla*, and H. S. Shin*, “Two Dimensional Hybrid Nanosheets of Tungsten Disulfide and Reduced Graphene Oxide as Catalysts for Enhanced Hydrogen Evolution Reaction”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2013, 52, 13751-13754.
54. J. W. Kim, D. Kang, T. H. Kim, S. G. Lee, N. Byun, D. W. Lee, B. H. Seo, R. Ruoff, and H. S. Shin*, “Mosaic-Like Monolayer of Graphene Oxide Sheets Decorated with Tetrabutylammonium Ions”, ACS Nano 2013, 7, 8082-8088.
53. H. Kim, Y. Kim, K. S. Kim, H. Y. Jeong, A.-R. Jang, S. H. Han, D. H. Yoon, K. S. Suh, H. S. Shin, T. Y. Kim*, and W. S. Yang*, “Flexible thermochromic films based on hybridized VO2/graphene”, ACS Nano 2013, 7, 5769-5776. 52. T. K. Kim, J. Y. Cheon, K. Yoo, J. W. Kim, S.-M. Hyun, H. S. Shin*, S. H. Joo*, and H. R. Moon*, “Three-Dimensional Pillared Metallomacrocycle-Graphene Oxide Frameworks with Tunable Micro- and Mesoporosity” J. Mater. Chem. A 2013, 1, 8432-8437.
51. C. Rout, B.-H. Kim, X. Xu, J. Yang, H. Y. Jeong, D. Odkhuu, N. Park, J. Cho*, and H. S. Shin*, “Synthesis and Characterization of Patronite Form of Vanadium Sulfide on Graphitic Layer”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135, 8720–8725. 50. G. Kim, A.-R. Jang, H. Y. Jeong, Z. Lee, D. J. Kang, and H. S. Shin*, “Growth of high crystalline, single-layer hexagonal boron nitride on recyclable platinum foil”, Nano Lett. 2013, 13, 1834–1839.
49. J. R. Rani, J. Lim, J. Oh, D. Kim, D. Lee, J.-W. Kim, H. S. Shin, J. H. Kim, and S. C. Jun*, “Substrate and buffer layer effect on the structural and optical properties of graphene oxide thin films”, RSC Adv. 2013,3, 5926-5936.
48. M. Chhowalla*, H. S. Shin, G. Eda, L.-J. Li, K. P. Loh, and H. Zhang, “The chemistry of two-dimensional layered transition metal dichalcogenide nanosheets”, Nat. Chem. 2013, 5, 263-275. 47. H. Kim, Y. Kim, T. Y. Kim, A.-R. Jang, H. Y. Jeong, S.-H. Han, D. H. Yoon, H. S. Shin, D. J. Bae, K. S. Kim, and W. S. Yang*, “Enhanced Optical Response of Hybridized VO2/Graphene Films”, Nanoscale, 2013,5, 2632-2636.
46. S. J. Ahn, J. Yang, K. W. Lim, H. S. Shin*, “Selective Formation of Thickness Controlled Fullerene (C60) Disk by Vapor-Solid Process”, J. Cryst. Growth 2013, 363, 141-144.
45. W. K. Park, T. Y. Kim, H. Kim, Y. Kim, T. T. Tung, Z. Lin, A.-R. Jang, H. S. Shin, D. H. Yoon, W. S. Yang*, “Large-Scale Patterning by the Roll-Based Evaporation-Induced Self-Assembly”, J. Mater. Chem. 2012, 22, 22844-22847.
44. Byung Hoon Kim, Sung Ju Hong, Seung Jae Baek, Hu Young Jeong, Noejung Park, Muyoung Lee, Sang Wook Lee, Min Park, Seung Wan Chu, Hyeon Suk Shin, Jeongmin Lim, Yongseok Jun*, Yung Woo Park* “N-type graphene induced by dissociative H2 adsorption at room temperature”, Sci. Rep. 2012, 2, 690: DOI: 10.1038/srep00690.
43. A.-R. Jang, E. K. Jeon, D. Kang, G. Kim, B.-S. Kim, D. J. Kang, H. S. Shin*, “Reversibly Light-Modulated Dirac Point of Graphene Functionalized with Spiropyran”, ACS Nano, 2012, 6, 9207-9213.
42. D. Kang, J. Y. Kwon, H. Cho, J.-H. Sim, H. S. Hwang, C. S. Kim, Y. J. Kim, R. S. Ruoff, H. S. Shin*, “Oxidation Resistance of Fe and Cu Foils Coated with Reduced Graphene Oxide Multilayers”, ACS Nano, 2012, 6, 7763-7769.
41. J. R. Rani, J. Lim, J. Oh, J.-W Kim, H. S. Shin, J. H. Kim, S. Lee, S. C. Jun*, “Epoxy to Carbonyl Group Conversion in Graphene Oxide Thin Films: Effect on Structural and Luminescent Characteristics”, J. Phys. Chem. C 2012, 116, 19010-19017.
40. S. C. Kim, S. M. Oh, H.-I. Lee, K. S. Ryu, H. M. Jeong*, H. S. Shin, S. C. Lee, C. M. Shin, “Functionalized Graphene Sheets/Polycarbonate Nanocomposites Compatibilized by Poly(phenylenevinylene)”, Macromol. Res. 2012, 20, 768-771.
39. B. R. Lee, J.-W. Kim, D. Kang, D. W. Lee, S. Ko, H. J. Lee, C.-L. Lee, J. Y. Kim, H. S. Shin*, M. H. Song*, “Highly Efficient Polymer Light-Emitting Diodes Using Graphene Oxide as a Hole Transport Layer”, ACS Nano, 2012, 6, 2984-2991.
38. J. Yang, J.-W. Kim, H. S. Shin*, “Facile Method for rGO FET: Selective Adsorption of rGO on SAM-Treated Gold Electrode by Electrostatic Attraction”, Adv. Mater. 2012, 24, 229-2303.
37. D. Kang, H. S. Shin*, “Control of Size and Physical Properties of Graphene Oxide by Changing Oxidation Temperature”, Carbon Lett. 2012, 13, 39-43.
36. T. Y. Kim, H. Kim, S. W. Kwon, Y. Kim, W. K. Park, D. Y, A.-R. Jang, H. S. Shin, K. S. Shu, W. S. Yang*, “Large-Scale Graphene Micropatterns via Self-Assembly-Mediated Process for Flexible Device Application”, Nano Lett. 2012, 12, 743-748.
(2009 ~ 2011) 35. J. Yang, M. Heo, H. J. Lee, S.-M. Park, J. Y. Kim, H. S. Shin*, “Reduced Graphene Oxide (rGO)-Wrapped Fullerene (C60) Wires”, ACS Nano 2011, 5, 8365-8371.
34. S.-Y. Bae, I.-Y. Jeon, J. Yang, N. Park, H. S. Shin, S. Park, R. S. Ruoff, L. Dai, J.-B. Baek, “Large-Area Graphene Films by Simple Solution Casting of Edge-Selectively Functionalized Graphite”, ACS Nano 2011, 5, 4974-4980.
33. J. Lee, K. S. Novoselov, H. S. Shin*, “Interaction between Metal and Graphene: Depedence on the Layer Number of Graphene”, ACS Nano 2011, 5, 608-612.
32. J. Lee, S. Shim, B. Kim, H. S. Shin*, “Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering of Single- and Few-Layer Graphene by Deposition of Gold Nanoparticles”, Chem. Eur. J. 2011, 17, 2381-2387.
31. D.W. Lee, T. K. Kim, D. Kang, J. Lee, M. Heo, J. Y. Kim, B. S. Kim*, H. S. Shin*, ” Highly Controllable Transparent and Conducting Thin Films Using Layer-by-Layer Assembly of Oppositely Charged Reduced Graphene Oxide”, J. Mater. Chem. 2011, 21, 3438-3442.
30. E.-K. Choi, I.-Y. Jeon, S.-Y Bae, H.-J. Lee, H. S. Shin, L. Dai, J.-B. Baek, “High-yield exfoliation of the three-dimensional graphite into two-dimensional graphene-like sheets”, Chem. Commun. 2010, 46, 6320-6322.
29. S. D. Park, S. W. Lee, S. K, I. C. Bang, J. H. Kim, H. S. Shin, D. W. Lee, “Effects of nanofluids containing graphene/graphene-oxide nanosheets on critical heat flux”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 2010, 97, 023103.
28. T.-K. Hong, D. W. Lee, H. J. Choi, H. S. Shin*, B.-S. Kim*, “Transparent, Flexible Conducting Hybrid Multilayer Thin Films of Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes with Graphene Nanosheets”, ACS Nano 2010, 4, 3861-3868.
27. H. S. Shin*, H. Lim, H. J. Song, H. J. Shin, S. M. Park, H. C. Choi*, “Spontaneous Electron transfer from C60 to Au Ion: Oxidation of C60 and Fabrication of p-type C60 Field Effect Transistor”, J. Mater. Chem. 2010, 20, 7183-7188.
26. H. Lim, J. Lee, H. S. Shin*, H. C. Choi* “The Spatially Resolved Spontaneous Reactivity of Diazonium Salt on Edge and Basal Plane of Graphene without Surfactant and Its Doping Effect”, Langmuir 2010, 26, 12278-12284.
25. J. Yang, H. Lim, H. C. Choi* and H. S. Shin*, “Wavelength-selective silencing of photocurrent in Au-coated C60 wire hybrid’, Chem. Commun. 2010, 46, 2575-2577.
24. H. Lim, H. S. Shin, H. J. Song, H. C. Choi, “Conversion of Single Crystalline C60 Nanodisks and Nanorods into Graphitic Nanostructures via Hydrogen Thermal Annealing”, Nanotechnology 2009, 20, 145601-145605. 23. H. S. Shin*, J. I. Sohn, D. C. Kim, W. T. S. Huck, M. E. Welland, H. C. Choi, D. J. Kang*, ”Density Control of ZnO Nanowires Grown Using Au Nanoparticles and Their Growth Behavior“, Nanotechnology 2009, 20, 85601-85606.
22. Y. Lee, K.-S. Jeon, H. Lim, H. S. Shin, H. R. Byon, S. M. Jin, Y. D. Suh, H. C. Choi, “Silencing of Metallic Single Walled Carbon Nanotubes via Spontaneous Hydrosilylation”, Small 2009, 5, 1398-1402.
21. 신현석, “화학에서의 그래핀 연구”, 화학세계, 32-37 (2009. 02)
20. H. Lim, H. S. Shin, H. J. Shin, H. C. Choi, “Lithium Ions Intercalated into Pyrene-Functionalized Carbon Nanotubes and Their Mass Transport: A Chemical Route to Carbon Nanotube Schottky Diode”, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 130, 2160-2161(2008).(IF: 7.696) (Feb. 20, 2008)
19. Y. M. Jung, H. S. Shin, S. B. Kim, I.Noda, “Two-Dimensional Gradient Mapping Technique Useful for Detailed Spectral Analysis of Polymer Transition Temperatures”, The Journal of Physical Chemistry B., 112, 3611-3616 (2008). (IF:4.115) (March 27, 2008)
18. H. S. Shin, S. M. Yoon, Q. Tang, B. Chon, T. Joo, H. C. Choi, “Highly Selective Synthesis of C60 Disks on Graphite Substrate by a Vapor-Solid Process”, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 47, 693-696 (2008). (IF: 10.232) (This paper was selected as a “ hot paper ” by editors) (Jan. 11, 2008)
17. S. Woo, Y. Lee, V. Subkara, R. V. Cheedalara, H. S. Shin, H. C. Choi, and J. W. Park., “Fingertip-Guided Noncovalent Functionalization of Carbon Nanotubes by Dendrons”, Langmuir, 23, 11373-11376 (2007). (IF: 3.902
16. H. S. Shin*, J. H. Kim, S. B. Kim, and Y. M. Jung, “Thermal Characterization of Self-Assembled Monolayers of Dialkyl Disulfides Containing the Urea Moiety”, Langmuir, 23, 10567-10572 (2007). (IF: 3.902) (*corresponding author) (2007.10.09)
15. H. S. Shin, Y. S. Jang, Y. Lee, Y. Jung, S. B. Kim, and H. C. Choi, “Photoinduced Self-Assembly of TiO2 and SiO2 Nanoparticles on Sidewalls of Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes”, Advanced Materials, 19, 2873-2876(2007). (IF: 7.896)
14. Y. Lee, H. Song, H. S. Shin, H. J. Shin, and H. C. Choi, “Spontaneous formation of transition-metal nanoparticles on single-walled carbon nanotubes anchored with conjugated molecules”, Small, 1, 975-979 (2005). (IF: 6.024)
13. H. S. Shin, H. Lee, C.-H. Jun, Y. M. Jung, and S. B. Kim, “Transition temperatures and molecular structures of poly(methyl methacrylate) thin films by principal component analysis: comparison of isotactic and syndiotactic poly(methyl methacrylate)”, Vibrational Spectroscopy, 37, 69-76 (2005). (IF: 1.880)
12. E. Bae, W. Choi, J. W. Park, H. S. Shin, S. B. Kim and J. S. Lee, “Effects of Surface Anchoring Groups (Carboxylate vs Phosphonate) in Ruthenium-Complex-Sensitized TiO2 on Visible Light Reactivity in Aqueous Suspensions”, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 108, 14093-14101 (2004). (IF: 4.115)
11. H. S. Shin, H. J. Yang, S. B. Kim, and M. S. Lee, “Mechanism of growth of colloidal silver nanoparticles stabilized by polyvinyl pyrrolidone in g-irradiated silver nitrate solution”, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 274, 89-94 (2004). (IF: 2.233) (Selected one of “Top-50 most cited articles” as published in Elsevier’s Colloids journals from 2004 to 2007)
10. J. H. Kim, H. S. Shin, S. B. Kim, and T. Hasegawa, “Hydrogen-Bonding Networks of Dialkyl Disulfides Containing the Urea Moiety in Self-Assembled Monolayers”, Langmuir, 20, 1674-1679 (2004).(IF: 3.902)
9. H. S. Shin, H. C. Choi, Y. Jung, S. B. Kim, H. J. Shin, and H. Song, “Chemical and Size Effects of Nanocomposites of Silver and Polyvinyl Pyrrolidone Determined by X-ray Photoemission Spectroscopy”, Chemical Physics Letters, 383, 418-422 (2004). (IF: 2.462)
8.Y. M. Jung, H. S. Shin, S. B. Kim, and I.Noda, “A New Approach to Generalized Two-Dimensional Correlation Spectroscopy 1: Application of Principal Component Analysis to Two-Dimensional Correlation Spectroscopy “, Applied Spectroscopy, 56, 1568-1574 (2002). (IF: 1.879)
7.Y. M. Jung, H. S. Shin, B. Czarnik-Matusewicz, I. Noda, and S. B. Kim, “Characterization of Transition Temperatures of a Langmuir-Blodgett Film of Poly(tert-Butyl Methacrylate) by Two-Dimensional Correlation Spectroscopy and Principal Component Analysis”, Applied Spectroscopy, 56, 1562-1567 (2002). (IF: 1.879)
6. H. S. Shin, Y. M. Jung, T. Y. Oh, T. Chang, S. B. Kim, D. H. Lee, and I. Noda, “Glass Transition Temperature and Conformational Changes of Poly(Methyl Methacrylate) Thin Films Determined by a Two Dimensional Map Representation of Temperature-Dependent Reflection-Absorption FTIR Spectra”, Langmuir, 18, 5953-5958 (2002). (IF: 3.902)
5. H. S. Shin, Y. M. Jung, J. Lee, T. Chang, Y. Ozaki, and S. B. Kim, “Structural Comparisons of Langmuir-Blodgett and Spin-Coated Films of Poly(tert-butyl Methacrylate) by External Reflection FTIR Spectroscopy and Two-Dimensional Correlation Analysis”, Langmuir, 18, 5523-5528 (2002). (IF: 3.902)
4. H. S. Shin, J. Cha, T. Chang, and S. B. Kim, “The stability and disturbance of fatty acid layers by polymer in lead stearate/poly(tert-butyl methacrylate) alternating LB films” Applied Spectroscopy, 56, 1176-1179 (2002). (IF: 1.879)
3. H. S. Shin, H. J. Yang, Y. M. Jung, and S. B. Kim, “Direct pattering of silver colloids by microcontact printing: possibility as SERS substrate array”, Vibrational Spectroscopy, 29, 79-81 (2002). (IF: 1.880)
2. H. S. Shin, Y. M. Jung, T. Chang, Y. Ozaki, and S. B. Kim, “Characterization of beta-transition of poly(tert-butyl methacrylate) thin films by two-dimensional infrared correlation spectral analysis”, Vibrational Spectroscopy, 29, 73-77 (2002). (IF: 1.880)
1.J. Cha, H. S. Shin, Y. See, J. Lee, T. Chang, and S. B. Kim, “Infrared spectroscopy and X-ray reflectivity study on thermal stability of Langmuir-Blodgett film”, Synthetic Metals, 117, 169-171 (2001). (IF: 1.685)